13 Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water Every Morning
By: Angela Brown January 11, 2018
Here are a few reasons you should add a bit of lemon juice to your morning water:
1. Lemon can act as an anti-cancer agent: Lemon helps protect your body against cancer because of the antioxidants in the citrus fruit. The antioxidants slow aging and reduce the risk of developing cancer cells. Lemon also acts as a neutralizer, which helps balance the acid levels that encourage cancer cell growth, according to The Spirit Science.
2. Lemon can help your lymph system: Your lymphatic system helps your body get rid of fluid in the tissue, transports fatty acids, and helps your digestive system run properly, according to LiveScience. Lemon juice helps by replacing lost fluids, so your lymphatic system works better.
3. Lemon can help your brain power: Lemons contain high levels of magnesium and potassium, which help your brain and nervous system function properly. Because lemons help increase hydration, you may also be able to concentrate at work better because you have more energy.
4. Lemons are a diuretic: If you are feeling a little stopped up, warm lemon water each morning will help get your system back on track. Lemon helps flush toxins out of your system by encouraging the production of liver detoxification enzymes, according to The Spirit Science.
5. Lemons can help the immune system: Many people reach for vitamin C as soon as they feel a sniffle coming on, and for good reason. Vitamin C has been proven to shorten the duration and severity of a cold, according to LiveScience. Lemons are one of the best sources of vitamin C. Because lemon acts as an anti-inflammatory, it also helps reduce the severity of respiratory illnesses.
6. Lemons can aid in weight loss: The weight loss benefits are a result of better digestion, detoxification and an increased production of bile, which breaks down food and fats better. As an added benefit, scientists say that lemons help reduce cravings, according to The Spirit Science.
7. Lemons can liven your mood: Because lemons help your body work better in so many other ways, your energy levels get a boost too. Additionally, the high vitamin C concentration also helps nip fatigue and reduces stress and anxiety.
8. Lemons have anti-inflammatory properties: As mentioned above, lemons act as a diuretic, which is good for your tummy and your joints. Lemons can help reduce swelling and pain by flushing toxins out of the body, according to Organic Facts.
9. Lemon juice aids in digestion: Lemon juice gets your liver moving and helps in the production of bile which lets your body digest foods better. Surprisingly, lemon juice may also help ward off heartburn, according to Paul Hrkal.
10. Lemon cleans and clears your skin: Lemon juice is a natural antiseptic, according to Organic Facts. You can apply lemon juice to a sunburn or a bee sting to reduce pain and swelling. Additionally, the antioxidants in lemons help reduce wrinkles and blackheads and can give your skin a healthy glow.
11. Lemon can balance body pH levels: Despite their obvious acidity, lemons are known as an alkaline food. When the lemon juice mixes with water it helps produce molecules in your body that balance the pH levels of your body, according to Paul Hrkal.
12. Lemon can aid in curing a cold: A diet high in vitamin C can help reduce the severity of cold and flu symptoms.
13. Lemon is great for dental care: Not only is lemon a great way to get fresh breath (it removes odors), it is also an excellent way to ensure your teeth stay fresh and clean. Try adding a bit of lemon to your toothbrush.
To maximize the health benefits of lemon juice, squeeze the juice of 1/2 of a lemon into a glass of room-temperature water and drink it first thing in the morning.
#FightForIt #SilverLining #My #Lemon #Water #LemonWater #Benefits #Health #Healthy #Body #Clean #PHBalances #Teeth #Skin #Digestion #WeightLoss #AntiInflammatory #Mood #Diuretic #ImmuneSystem #BrainPower #Follow #Morning #LymphSystem #AntiCancer #Properties #Daily #Good